- Farm fresh produce stands - I have enjoyed the best peaches and cream corn on the cob while living in Iowa for six weeks.
- Spending almost every weekend with my midwestern family and friends - It'll be hard not seeing my baby nephew until April. Thankfully, we'll get to see our lil' niece Leah in December.
- Enjoying happy hour at Sonic Drive-In - the cherry limeade is something very special.
- The midwestern nice - just the other day, I was in a store and was just about to pay when a woman came up to me and asked, "Did you spend over $50? I have a coupon if you did!" That nice Minnesotan lady saved me $12!
- The North Dakota weather - normally, people are not appreciative of the North Dakota weather, but June and July are the exceptions for me. It ranges between 70-85 degrees with limited humidity. Beautiful.
- Empty highways - I love to drive in Iowa, Minnesota and North Dakota where you can go for miles with just you and few other cars, usually Buicks, on the road. Set the cruise and go!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Missing the Midwest Already
Posted by Sara at 6:31 AM