Friday, February 15, 2013

The Year of YES - Wine

I gave up wine eight years ago.  Tim and I were invited to a new colleague's home for a delicious gourmet meal.  The food was amazing so why wouldn't the wine be fantastic?  I drank a glass of something that was red and that is all I can recall because the worst migraine of my life set in shortly thereafter.  I recall telling Tim to drive fast because I thought I was going to die on the ride home.  I could not get into bed fast enough.  I could not be where there was any light.  I wanted to cry.

The only cure from this red wine was passing out in my bed until I could endure light again.  When I woke up I swore that I would never, NEVER drink wine again.


But wine is so darn classy, right?  It seems to put people off if you are at a party and you say 'no, thank you' when you are offered that classy glass of wine.  I have been told that I will learn to drink wine when I drink expensive enough wine.  I have been told that I am just not drinking the right wine.  And the be honest, I don't think I actually like the taste of red wine.

However, I decided that I was going to give it a go with white wine after being on the wagon for eight years ago.  Shockingly, I like it.  I also do not want to die after I drank it.  I started with a very, very small glass of Riesling.

So, I am embracing wine (white) in the year of YES.


1 comment:

Carm said...

I have noticed I can get a stuffy nose after drinking red wine. I can't imagine getting a headache. That would certainly be off-putting. Love the year of YES.