Tuesday, February 12, 2013

40 Days

I have been thinking about creativity lately.  I have been reflecting on the moments in my life when I felt that I was creating and making and doing and considering the most.  Now, aside from making a baby, I have not engaged in my thoughtful considerations in the creative arts or otherwise.  Even books, I have been limited at best.

I think I need to streamline my time so that it is spent doing the things that feel the most fulfilling to me, not just the most distracting for me.  I could spend loads of time online with a ho-hum attitude.  I can dive down the rabbit hole of the internet only to find myself on Wikipedia exploring the Popes or the characters on Downton Abbey.  Neither of these activities are creative or time well spent.

So, back to the blog it is.  I am newly part-time Catholic since I teach at a Catholic school now.  All the talk has been focused on what we will be giving up for Lent.  However, I am going to take something up.  I am going to give blogging my whole-hearted try for forty days.  I am going to see if it is still in me to share my thoughts, interests, creative endeavors, and more.

1 comment:

Carm said...

I love it! I'm looking forward to it.