Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday

The build up to Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, annoys me to no end. Just as the media builds the hype and the commercials claim the biggest deals, I am just as busy claiming that I hate it and would never do it.

However, I realized that for the last two years, I have actually gone out to the stores and the malls. I had company during both years and shopping seemed like a good idea. I think the trick is not going at the crack of dawn. We went to the new Philadelphia Premium Outlets. I had no idea how close these outlets were to my home. There are many stores that I have very little interest, but they had a Merrell store, Eddie Bauer, and a few others.

I am proud to say that I am 80% finished with my Christmas shopping and I have only purchased one of them at the stores. I have some odds and ends to finish, but most of the gifts are wrapped and under the tree.

No comments: