Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time Well Spent

President's Day weekend has turned out to be one of the reasons that I love working at my job. We get Friday and Monday off! I have made it a habit to travel and see friends during this time of the year or I like to plan for people to come and see me in Philadelphia.

This year, I traveled to Minneapolis to see some of my nearest and dearest friends in my life. So, in typical Midwestern Position fashion, I will give it to by the numbers...

2 - New babies born to my friends Jolene and Steve. Welcome to the world Lauryn and Emily! I am so glad that I was able to meet you and hold you in your first days.

5 - The number of Wall Street Journals that the man next to me read during the flight from Philly to Minneapolis. He insisted on reading it in the big, wide way...you know so his fist was in my face because he refused to fold his paper in half to read.

$140,000 - The amount of money that I won playing the DVD game of Deal or No Deal with five year old Julia. I thought that was pretty good.

10 - The number of children under the age of six at the Valentine's Day Dance Party. Very fun.

2 - The number of Caribou Coffee shops that I stopped at during my Minneapolis trip. I love the Caribou. I miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the rule this month- do you have all of your rules somewhere? That could be a book.

Hope you are well- let's talk soon!
amanda