Friday, March 28, 2008

A Few Conversations

I was standing in line at the Starbucks at a local outdoor mall. Two girls who looked around 12-13 years old were in line behind me. One of the girls turned to the other and said, "My mom only gave me $100 today to shop."

She was incredibly disappointed.

Then, they both out-Starbucked me in their ordering skills. It went something like this..."Tall Green Tea Frappuccino Blended Creme."

All I can say to the barista is "Tall Mocha, Please."

The final conversation is a guilty self-esteem booster. I was getting my bangs trimmed after school today and the stylist asked how long I had been married. I told her it would be eight years this summer. Her response..."What? Did you get married when you were, like, twelve?!" I'll take that boost.

No comments: