Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sad Songs Say So Much

On Dearsugar.com, a writer asked the question, "What's Your Sad Song?" Great question. Such a good question that I am basically cheating off that blog for this post.

We all go through these moments in our life where sad songs seem to be the special version of masochism that we inflict upon ourselves. I am not one of those people who cry to sad songs. Instead, I like the idea that even though I have no good reason to be sad, I just like a sad song. I think I even have an ounce of nostalgia with sad songs. I do not have a playlist of sad songs, but that is not a bad idea.

So, what is your sad song? C'mon. Be honest. No judgement here. Maybe I will love your idea and it will be quickly added to my music library.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sad song is the "Hallelujah" cover by Rufus Wainwright (originally by Leonard Cohen). It is so sorrow-ful...

Anonymous said...

Bring on the Rain by Jodi Mecina and Angel by Sarah McLachlan

Anonymous said...

Pretty much the entire Chicago's Greatest Hits 1982-1989 CD, but I don't listen to it anymore - that was in 10th grade ;-)

-Rhiannon

Anonymous said...

"Up the Down Escalator" by the Chameleons (UK) --Dana B.

Queen of Testosteroneland said...

oh lord--there are so many. :-)

9 crimes--Damien Rice is a good one though.