Thursday, June 17, 2004

"Are you a Communist?" And I said, "No, I'm a Canoeist!"


As many of you know, this is the summer where I am going to try as many new things as I can. I am not sure if I've ever canoed, but I know I have never canoed for three hours straight in the off and on again rain with multiple groups of 7-10 year old children. I felt like I was living out a dream when I played camp counselor for a day at the Raccoon River in central Iowa. It seems that canoeing is not as easy as I thought. First, you have to be aware of the logs in the middle of the river AND the trees on the sides. At one point, we ran into some trees on the side of the river and a spider landed directly on my glasses lense. UGH. I wasn't prepared for the 7 year old girls who instead of paddling chose to scream. And to top it all off, I dropped the leader's cell phone in the river. Luckily, I had my chum Jodi with me. That was my canoeing adventure. Posted by Hello

No comments: