Monday, February 18, 2008

Fairway and More

I am enjoying my last day in my four day weekend. On Friday, I took the train to New York City to see my friend. We enjoyed some Italian food in Brooklyn and lots of great conversation. Our time continued into Saturday when we went to a grocery store called Fairway.

I realize that most would not get so excited about a grocery store, but Fairway is very special. I am feeling a little jealous of Amy having the Fairway because I wish I had the Fairway. Great cheese and meat counters and yummy bakery too. I enjoyed a cherry danish.

Along with the Fairway, I enjoyed a party game called Balderdash for the first time. This game has been around for a long time, but this was the first time for me. It is all about being creative and guessing the meaning of obscure words. I won't bore you with the game details, but it seems that I will have to invest in this game.

Finally, I will be using my gorgonzola cheese that I bought at the Fairway to make some yummy gorgonzola butter for our steaks this evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Balderdash is actually probably my FAVORITE game. I think it is completely hilarious. I always loose, though, much to my despair, because I get TOO creative.

Anonymous said...

When I was in high school my family would play Balderdash every Christmas. I love that game!