Monday, November 27, 2006

New Music

It is no mystery that I have a slight obsession with Cat Stevens. I have so many adolescent memories wrapped up in Cat's melodies and lyrics. Why a child of the late 80's and 90's would connect with this 70's folk god is also a great mystery, but it all started with "Peace Train" as I listened to the oldies station. It was followed up with the Cat Steven's tape that I never returned to a friend because I truly believed that I loved it more. Still have it. In my car.

So, you can imagine my joy now that Cat has a new CD out. He is no longer Cat, but instead, Yusuf Islam. All I can say is that I love Yusuf! My favorite song on the new CD is "Heaven/Where True Love Goes". I don't think the whole CD is fantastic, but most of it is amazing. Now, if you are into the Nickelbacky/EMO rock, you won't dig on Yusuf. If you love Cat, you'll love Yusuf.

2 comments:

Eyes for Lies said...

As a young kid, I always thought Cat Stevens was soooo handsome! I didn't mind his music either. I snitched my brother's 78, but unfortunately, the builders stole it after our house burned down!

patrick | steed said...

did you just combine NICKELBACK with emo?

not cool, chum. not cool.