Saturday, August 16, 2008

Furniture Frenzy

The one word that I would use to describe today's trip to IKEA would be FRANTIC. I was calmly walking through the neatly fabricated rooms in the monster store, IKEA, when I noticed the frenzy in the eyes of other shoppers.

Either they left their brains in the car or they were entranced by the easy-to-assemble furniture, but most people were flitting around without any concern for other shoppers. I should have known better for going on a Saturday on a weekend when many college students were moving to the area.

It is difficult to describe the frantic behaviors. All I know is that I was left wanting the peace and quiet that my car offered after this experience. Next time, I will go on a Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I love IKEA, but it can be crazy on weekends. I was at the store in the Twin Cities a few weekends ago and it was just so crowded! Fortunately, since I work from home, I suppose I could always take an extended lunch and go during a weekday if I wanted to.