Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Midwestern Adventure - By the Numbers

Four
The number of weeks we have been away from our home in Philadelphia to see friends and family in the midwest.

Ten
The number of states that we drove through during our trip to and from the midwest.
Our favorite new state is West Virginia. We had not driven through the central part of West Virginia until this summer. It was incredibly beautiful and recommend a drive through West Virginia to anyone.

22
The variety of brats that were being sold at the North Dakota meat shop where my mom buys her grillin' goods.

Ten
The number of toddlers and pre-schoolers that we enjoyed during our travels. Tim became known among the pre-school boys to be the guy who can build great Lego and fix Transformers.

$4.50
I love that I pay $4.50 for a matinee in the midwest! I went to Mamma Mia with my mom and my sister-in-law in the midwest. When the girl behind the counter told me the title, I had to ask if she was sure!

40
The number of years that my parents have been married! We helped them celebrate their anniversary with a celebration with family and friends.

One
The number of Barack Obama pins that I purchased from this sweet elderly lady in Grand Forks who gives all of the money to the democratic headquarters in town. After I bought a pin, she showed me her garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara - it was so great to see you a few weekends ago. And Noah loved you. I wish you were here to teach him at preschool/kindergarten. I think you could whip him into shape. And I would hope that he would never hold his hand out to offer you a little log of poo! LOL!!! - Rhiannon