Saturday, April 22, 2006

BBQ Burns Brain Cells

I rarely find myself in a setting where I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Last night was one of those exceptions.

I went to Famous Dave's Restaurant. The food, drink, and company were fantastic. I ordered ribs, potato salad, and a tea. Courtney accompanied my to this midwest favorite. Tim missed out because he was working late on a project. At one point in the evening, I got up to use the restrooms. I followed the signs and found two doors. One said POINTERS and the other said SETTERS. I had no idea what this meant. So, I waited for someone to come out of the doors so I would know which was the women's bathroom. I waited and waited and no one came out. Finally, I turned to the waiter who walked past me and I said, "I have no idea what a POINTER or a SETTER is? Is that an animal thing?" Without saying anything, he pointed to the little signs that said WOMEN and MEN above the door.

I felt stupid, but come on!

2 comments:

Carm said...

There's a bathroom like that in Winnipeg at a restaurant called Pasta La Vista.... only they have pictures on the door of feet below a stall... high heels on the ladies, if I remember correctly and there are no words at all... Then on the other side of the door (once you are INSIDE the bathroom) is a cruel trick to make you doubt your decision to enter.. Yikes.

By the way, I guess I am a person who likes Neil Diamond and his "happy-hand-clapping" music (that's how I always think of it) How 'bout you?

Sara said...

I adore Neil and his sparkle shirts.