Monday, August 13, 2007

My Weekend By the Numbers

$122
The cost of speeding on Minnesota highways.
I received my very first speeding ticket. I was going 70mph in a 55mph. The patrolman educated me on the Minnesota road system since he saw me as an outsider with my Pennsylvania plates. Lesson learned.

3
The number of bear sightings this weekend.
My parents have a home in the northern woods of Minnesota. They are surrounded by nature of all sorts. This weekend was the first time that there have been so many bear sightings that I can remember. I saw my first bear when I was driving out of the woods. He just crossed the gravel road and barely noticed us.

At least 10
The number of times people hinted that I should have a baby.
We had three sweet baby girls at the family picnic and I really enjoy holding the babies. However, this started to remind people that I am nearly 31 years old and do not have a baby. This is a fact that I am perfectly happy with, but to many, this is odd. I am happy to hold and cuddle on other people's children for the time being.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that for some people there are never enough babies around. They could be in a room full of babies and still ask you when you are going to have one.

Aaron said...

Ouch! That's a pretty pricey ticket. I guess I'll have to watch my speed next time I am in Minnesota. Of course, I do like to keep my speed to less than five miles per hour over the speed limit.

Carm said...

Ummm.... apparently speeding tickets are almost as pricey in Washington State. Am on a road trip. Went crazy on the flat stretch between Spokane and Seattle. Arghhh... I blame it on Emma's car with no cruise control to control ME and a spedometer in kilometers.... who am I kidding? It was all my fault. It just makes me bitter.