Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Year Eight

For those long time readers, I am feeling like I felt almost three years ago...professionally speaking! This is a very good thing.

It is the beginning of a new school year and I have this feeling that it is going to be a great year on every level. Because of the what comes our way in life, we (I) sometimes have a difficult time living up to 'the way it was'. I left this amazing working environment where I clicked with my peers both personally and professionally. I felt confident in my skills. I am building back up to that place after these past two years of change and transition. It usually doesn't take me this long, but time has flown and even though we still live in the US, living in a metropolitan area is culturally very different than the cozy midwest.

So, I am juiced (but not in the steroids kind of way)! I can't wait to start my school year with 13 newly five year olds.

I have been making my home visits and each of them are charming and sweet. The training that I received at the Responsive Classroom is a huge piece of my excitement, but after one year of kindergarten under my belt, I now can proudly say that I have a slight clue about five year olds.

And because I want people to still check in on the Midwestern Position, let me give you a little teaser for upcoming posts...

  • Recipe for my favorite treat EVER! Ever.
  • Sara from Minnesota is coming to town and we are going to have many adventures. Two words...Jersey. Shore.
  • My latest WAWA adventure...remember the victimized woman who they wouldn't sell the cigarettes to, well, it's always something at WAWA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best Quote of the Week ever!