Friday, September 07, 2007

Weekend Update (a week late)

Let me get you up-to-date...it has been awhile.

Sara came to visit me and we had quite a weekend. Our first stop was at the Jersey Shore. I was told that I could anticipate crowds and traffic. I guess it is something that a person has to put up with on Labor Day weekend. However, we had NO traffic and NO crowds. As you can see from the picture, the beach was clean and quiet. Usually, I fear water that is not inside a swimming pool, but I was brave and ventured into the ocean. I think I need swimming shoes because I hate the bottom mystery sludge.

Of course, my newest tourist stop for visitors is Amish country in Lancaster County. We went to a town called Intercourse, Pennsylvania where Sara couldn't resist posing with this t-shirt. We took a buggy ride around the country side, enjoyed some homemade root beer that was sold to us by a young Amish girl, and ate delicious soft pretzels.


We ended the weekend in Philadelphia at World Cafe Live where we had dinner before we saw Mark Olson. He was the lead singer in a band called The Jayhawks. It was great and that is no surprise. The band that opened for Mark Olson was not that great, but we tolerated it to get to the reason we were there.

1 comment:

Sara Hondl said...

I had an awesome time in Philly. Can't wait to some again.