Monday, September 24, 2007

We'll See in the Spring


I am having low gardener self-esteem. I tried my best to split some hostas in my yard. I had this space that was all cleaned out and needed something. I have so many healthy hostas, I thought I would share the hosta love. However, they are pretty wilty. I am treating them very well with lots of water.

I also planted some bulbs for the spring because they are some of my favorites. Hyacinths, daffodils, and tulips will bloom. This weekend, we have big landscaping plans because we are going to build a raised flower bed using edging stones. We are going to fill it with soil and compost to prepare it for the spring when we will split some more hostas and will add some more perennials.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I am eagerly awaiting over 100 bulbs from Breck's to plant in our garden. They should arrive some time in October. I hope they do better than my tulips did this past spring. The late freeze really hurt them, then the wildlife ate what was left.