Wednesday, September 08, 2004


Tonight, my library trip yielded some treasures. I was excited to receive a call from the library telling me that my most recent reservation was in...Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. I must have been excited to read this because I strayed from my normal Tuesday night routine of online scrabble and phone calls to friends to pick it up.

As any library trip requires, I had to browse through the CD section. Tonight's selections are varied and semi-new to me.
Daybreaker-Beth Orton
Under Rug Swept-Alanis Morissette
Say You Will-Fleetwood Mac
Every Single Day-Lucy Kaplansky
The Definitive Collection-Stevie Wonder

Who knows what I will like? I don't understand why a person would donate a CD like Stevie Wonder to the library? It is a CD one could listen to anytime. A classic. The library offers so much. It doesn't matter what your taste is...magazines, books, computers, videos, travel books, and computers.

I like to pull out travel books and read about places that I hope to visit. I like to browse the stacks for bindings that catch my eye. I always run my thumb across some "classic" that I should have read at this point in my life. I'll put it in the pile in my arms. I usually will explore the DVD section, but rarely check anything out. I like a lot of movies, but I hate a lot of movies too. Even though the periodicals area is well-hidden, I find my way to read a range of magazines. First, I check out the news magazines, but break down and read the pop culture/entertainment "ruubish". I never limit the amount of CDs that I check out, but I limit myself to two books because I am not a speedy reader. I know that I can usually finish one book before the due date. I choose two books so if I need to abandon my first choice, I have a back up. Tonight, I did not check out two because I have a good track record with David Sedaris.
Posted by Hello

No comments: