Friday, December 31, 2004

2004

Since today is the last day of 2004, I decided to take a minute and reflect. Deep...I know.

2004 reveiled itself as the year of semi-change. Somethings changed, somethings remained the same. New experiences, old experiences. I have to say that even though I have experienced loss and sadness in 2004, I have also experienced happiness and success.

My idea of success has nothing to do with professional or financial success. Instead, it has to do with personal success. 2004 was the year that I went beyond what I thought I was capable of doing and doing a handful of things that I've always wanted to do.

Like anything in the media, I thought I would share with you my lists of 2004. Enjoy.

10 Things that Remained the Same in 2004
1. I still live in a basement apartment in Iowa.
2. I still adore my husband and everything we do together.
3. I still teach elementary school.
4. I still adore my close friends and make a point of talking to them at least once a week.
5. I still struggle with weight loss.
6. I still have an addiction to Diet Coke.
7. I still long to do more (personally, professionally, artistically, emotionally, spiritually, educationally, geographically, atheletically) in my life.
8. I still talk to my mom everyday.
9. I still enjoy grocery shopping...a little too much.
10. I still loathe airports.

10 Things That Have Changed or I Have Tried in 2004
1. I started to write my blog.
2. I took the pottery wheel class that I have longed to do since 1999.
3. I traveled to New York City by myself to visit my dear friend, Amy.
4. I have made a couple new chums, Jodi who likes to dish with me, and Julie who likes to teach me about scrapbooking.
5. I teach 4th grade after teaching four years of 3rd grade.
6. I have a new hobby, scrapbooking.
7. I went to a professional baseball game.
8. I volunteered my time with a political action committee and went door to door trying to get John Kerry elected.
9. I lost two of my grandparents to cancer.
10. I tried goat cheese and liked it. I tried hummus and loved it.

1 comment:

Dree said...

Hi Sara! I figured I'd check out your blog, since you found mine. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished this year. Happy 2005!