Thursday, February 10, 2005

My Adoptions, Only the Beginning

In the course of one week, I have drank more Diet Pepsi than Diet Coke. I cannot go a day without drinking at least one diet soda, but my alligence has shifted. I am such a sell out/sucker for free music.

This might be as close to a gambling habit that I ever encounter in my lifetime. Imagine for a moment, I walk into the local convience store. It is hovering around the 7 AM hour. Still dark. I walk to the soda and bypass the cheapo coffee that usually tempts me and heads directly for the Diet Pepsi. I do have the self-control to wait to twist that beautiful yellow cap until I am in my classroom. Then, the moment comes...will I be music shopping on Pepsi's $0.99 tonight, or find an obviously better use for my time.

Luckily, five out of the six sodas provided me with one of the simple pleasures in my life. I have downloaded five new songs thanks to this little promotional event. I drink too much diet soda anyway, I might as well benefit in more than just the caffeine high.

My friends at work believe that I have just added one more item to my list of quirks that make me quirky. Quirky...could be worse.

The Five Lucky Songs That Have Been Adopted By Sara's Computer
  • Take Me to The River-Talking Heads
  • Solsbury Hill-Peter Gabriel...Thanks, Melanie, for the suggestion.
  • God Only Knows-The Beach Boys...Thanks, Dree, for reminding me how much I adore this song.
  • Naked As We Came-Iron & Wine
  • Goodbye Is All We Have-Alison Krauss

I have some pretty eclectic taste...I like a little bit of everything, except for commercial country.

Feel free to leave me some suggestions for tunes.

1 comment:

firedancerdancin said...

ah...my peter! hahahahaha. great music. :-) I'm glad you have new music to listen to...so fun!

take care!