Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A New Cheap Toy

My friend has lent me her itrip so I could decide if this was something that I needed to own. I had a feeling that I was going to have to make it my own. Anything related to my shiny, green ipod usually finds its way into my hands.

I went to the Apple store in the mall today to make the big purchase. I walked up to the counter with an itrip in my hand, ready to lay down some cashola, when I asked the young man, "So, is this a good one?"

He informed me that it wasn't actually that great and I should consider buying the old school adapter with the tape attached to the ipod which you play in your car tape player. I was shocked because I was just reminiscing about the old days of car CD players with the tape and cord contraption. He assured me that it was old technology but better than the itrip.

His honesty impressed me further when he told me that it was only 20 dollars and they did not have any in the store. He directed me to Best Buy where I could find this new toy.

The Apple man-boy was right. It works like a charm. Very clear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he told you that! I have the itrip and it sucks in Philly. You can't get a station to stick for more than 5 minutes before a horrible, screeching static takes over. If only my car had a tape player!

Amanda E.