Wednesday, July 05, 2006

We're Back!

Missed me?

Well, I have been in Missouri with my in-laws celebrating the holiday weekend. Seeing family and friends was a huge part of our Midwestern Summer 2006 so this was perfect. We had a really great time. In order to keep my pattern of brief posts, let me condense the week like a good can of soup.

As you can see, Tim enjoyed feeding the animals at the Springfield Zoo. Tim's mom works at this zoo, so we received a well-informed tour of the zoo. It was a pretty hot morning at the zoo, and SnoCones were in order.

I didn't realize this until later in the weekend, but we were in the Ozarks! It didn't look like what I thought the Ozarks would look like, but I guess jugbands and really large families were a bit out of touch. We did go to Branson, Missouri which is part of the Ozarks where they had some shopping, but we didn't go to any of the shows that have made Branson so famous and that was just fine with me.

Last night, we went to a Springfield Cardinals baseball game. This is a double A minor league team, but it had the feeling of a major league ballpark. First, we had fantastic seats right behind homeplate. I had to really pay attention to the game rather than my favorite baseball game pasttime, people watching. However, I did keep an eye open and saw a reality television star sitting right behind me. To most, his 15 minutes might have passed and not been recognized, but to me, I knew him as Aaron, the second Bachelor in ABC's show. As I was trying to figure out why he'd be there, I remembered that he was from Missouri. Strangely, it was the only season that I watched this ridiculous show.

We had a great time. Just another piece to our fantastic summer of fun in the Midwest!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like that cow (?) has the hots for Dudley.