I am trying a new thing tonight, grilled shrimp. I am using the following marinade. I'll let you know how it goes. They are marinading right now and it smells fantastic. I am serving it with a mild garlic and oil pasta and salad.
A key lime pie is on deck for tomorrow. I made one last week, but it was far from my dream key lime pie at home. So, I'll give it another try. I am crazy about lemon and lime stuff lately.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.