Friday, April 27, 2007

Two Cents on Alec Baldwin


I love 30 Rock. It is one of my favorite shows for many reasons. First of all, Tina Fey writes the dry, clever, and self-deprecating funnies for the show.

And for all of my love for Tina Fey, it is Alec Baldwin that I dig the most on this show. I can't even begin how many personality disorders his character must have, yet he is somehow likable. His raspy voice and completely unemotional advice that he hands out like pearls of wisdom makes you really feel sorry for him. But only after you laugh out loud at what he just said. I love him...on the show. However, I have a beef with him. I know what you are thinking...

Sara, do you really want to start a fight with someone who calls their own daughter a pig?

Yes. Yes, I do because when it comes to my television entertainment, these colors don't run!

Alec Baldwin, I am tired of you saying that you want to leave 30 Rock to concentrate on your relationship with your daughter. What about me? What about millions of other viewers that depend on you each week to be a part of an hour and half of television that I rely on to be my reward for a hard worked week? Alec, you won a Golden Globe for this show! C' mon! I am going to hope that you come to your senses, but with past history being my guide, I won't hold my breath.

No comments: