Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Where Words Fail, Music Speaks."

~Hans Christian Andersen


"Fade Into You" ~ Mazzy Star

"Falling" ~ Ben Kweller

"Here You Are" ~ The Greencards

"Laugh So You Don't Cry" ~ Andy Davis

"More Than This" ~ Roxy Music

"There's a Girl" ~ The Ditty Bops

"These Arms of Mine" ~ Otis Redding

"White Daisy Passing" ~ Rocky Votolato

Along with the Rolling Stone playlists, Entertainment Weekly playlists, blogs, and the itunes essentials, I will someday have all of the songs that I need to have.

Please note, without knowing it, I have become an Otis Redding fan.

Out of the purchased songs, my obsession of the evening is...wait, let me educate you for a second...

ob·ses·sion [uhb-sesh-uhn]
–noun
1.) the domination of one's itunes with a particular song over and over and over again
2.) insisting that everyone needs to love particular song as much as I do at this moment
3.) follow any thread that originated with the particular song because all songs that follow will be considered for future purchases since the source was said obsession

I am obsessing about "More Than This" by Roxy Music. Therefore, I am researching and loving Bryan Ferry. I am listening to all covers of this song.

No comments: