- 8:00 AM-Wishing I had called a sub because I didn't think my raspy voice was going to hold up against 25 ten year olds.
- 10:15 AM-Knowing that after some Diet Coke, cough drops, and calm students, I knew I would make it.
- 10:30 AM-Receiving a friendly email from a special friend.
- 11:50 AM-Realizing in my haste and panic of sickness this morning, I had not packed a lunch. I had to eat the salad bar at school, but it was actually pretty good...or I was desparate.
- 12:30 PM-I thought teaching fractions was difficult, try teaching them the difference between area and perimeter. However, they impress me. They catch on with my multiple and sometimes over dramatic examples of fences and bunnies.
- 4:30 PM-Attends a wedding shower for a friend at work and have excellent conversations with many great people. I stay late to chat with the hostess. The snacks were terrific too.
So, one could look at this day and say, "SO WHAT? Sounds like a typical day to me."
That is right, and that is why it was such a good day. It turned out to be way better than being sick.