Monday, May 30, 2005

If...

Thanks to Dree at Chalkdust for tagging me to answer a few questions. I love it because I was suffering from a bit of blogger's block. So, I had to choose five of the following questions and answer them.

if I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an inn-keeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be an astronaut...If I could be a world famous blogger...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

If I could be a gardener...I would have a large rectangle garden with nice, neat rows of peas, beans, strawberries, squash, rhubarb, and on an on. I would be a smart gardener who would plant fruits and veggies that would become ready at a variety of times. I would wear a fabulously big, floppy hat. I would like nothing better than cleaning and presenting a basket of freshly grown fruits and veggies to my friends and family. I would also make wonderful pies with the strawberries and rhubarb.

If I could be a librarian...I would hoard books. I would wait until books came to the library and I would not be a selfless librarian that would put the new books out...no...I would keep them for myself. Then, when someone asked if we had the newest KRAKAUER book, I would say in a very gentle, but whispery voice, "No. That is a very popular book. I'll put your name on a waiting list," as I gently tap the book under the counter.

If I could be a writer...I would write greeting cards. I would write funny and ironic cards. I would be inspired by cards like the one I saw the other day. On the cover it read, "Will there be dancing at your birthday celebration?...And by dancing, I mean alcohol." I laughed out loud, but I think it is because I think I have actually said that.

If I could be a llama-rider...I would name him/her Honey and tie her to the bike rack as I buy my groceries. Then, I would throw my grocery bags over Honey's back. I would buy Honey a snack in the grocery store. Everyone in town would smile when they saw Honey and I walking back to my house. They would say, "Sara gave up her Honda long ago for a Honey."

If I could be an athlete...I would be a bowler. Bowlers get to drink pop and beer. They get to eat snacks. They wear bright shirts and fantastic shoes. Bowling has no age discrimination. I don't think there is much training involved. I would be a great bowler.

So, I tag Melanie and Anna. I can't wait to read your answers! And for all you non-bloggers, go ahead and answer one in the comments!

No comments: