Friday, October 19, 2007

I Don't Even Want to Include His Name in This Title

Who is this Dane Cook and why is he being forced upon me?

I have been forced to watch my fair share of post-season baseball this fall. I guess this guy Dane Cook has a few promos where he talks about the glory that is October. Whenever I see it, I make the same comment to Tim.

I have no idea why this guy is famous. I am sure there is a good reason, but I have never seen him in a movie. I have never seen his comedy act. I attribute this to a whole generational gap that I am thankful for. I think if I was in college when Dane Cook became famous, maybe I would know him. However, he could be my next door neighbor. I wouldn't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I cannot stand Dane Cook. I've seen him in several movies and I've seen several of his comedy acts and I find him horribly un-funny in every way. In his comedy acts he substitutes loudness and sweating for actual jokes. I just can't understand the appeal of him either.

-Leif

Anonymous said...

My (newly) 17 year old daughter loves him, or loves his style of comedy anyway. I've listened to it, and even watched it, and I don't have a problem with it. Perhaps this comes from being tuned into what your kids like, from sharing with them as the years go by, such that you can share musical interests and comedy genres.

So you haven't seen "Employee of the Month" yet? It was OK.

There also used to be a comedy cartoon program, can't remember the exact title, something with "Shorties" in it. Many of the illustrated gags in it were enactments of some of his comedy bits with him narrating it. Funny stuff!

Margie

Blogger won't accept my url (http://tinyurl.com/38lwly <-- a shortcut because the real one is so long)