Monday, September 19, 2005

Another Philadelphia Weekend


With each visitor to Philadelphia, we get to see more and more. I am not sure what it is about living here, but we haven't gotten around to seeing too much of the tourist stuff until someone comes to see us.

Friday, I was recovering from my birthday flu. Unfortunately, I became very ill on Thursday and was out for about a day and a half, but Tim was a great host to my parents. He took them to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. They also went to my favorite Philly spot, Reading Terminal Market...remember the crepes?! By the time they had returned from the city, I was well on my way to recovery.

Valley Forge National Park became our next adventure. This is a really great place. Not only is it full of American history and artifacts, but it is a beautiful scene. There are several walking and biking paths throughout the park. There are so many deer that one can get incredibly close to watch them. We visited George Washington's quarters when he wintered at Valley Forge. In the photo, Tim and I are at Valley Forge.

Sunday, we went back into the city to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Seen Rocky, the movie? Well, that is the place where he runs up the steps and throws his hands in the air and makes some sort of grunt or sound. We ran up the stairs and yes, we threw our hands up in the air like many around us were doing. It is funny because all of these people come to one of the largest art museums in the country not because of their appreciation for Degas or Renoir, but because they love Rocky. But, we stayed and enjoyed a few of the exhibits. Of course, we also had to take a picture of ourselves doing the best Rocky we could be. Check out my dad!

2 comments:

Eyes for Lies said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! Nice photos...

Kratz said...

Man, I can't wait to go to Philly. Not for Rocky, but everything else you said. Ah, who am I kidding? I'll be the first one up those steps.