Sunday, January 29, 2006

Television Shout Out

How can a person feel so completely unfulfilled and satisfied at the same time? Well, I believe it is possible because that is exactly what I would describe as I completed The Office, BBC style. It just doesn't seem right to have only two seasons of such a funny show. The only way I can make myself feel better would be to buy both seasons and the specials. Seriously, what is wrong with me that I become so attached to television series. Maybe this is why I don't watch a lot of movies because I would be attached to every quality movie that came along and I would have to buy too many movies. There is something about getting my grubby hands on my favorite things.

The Office falls into the category of "Through the Hand Televsion". I usually have my hand on my face because I cannot believe what is actually happening on the screen. I am so embaressed and laughing so hard that I usually have to watch the episode twice so I can watch it once the shock value has worn off.

I sort of force my television shows on my friends for two reasons. It helps me gauge their entertainment intelligence. Do they appreciate humor that isn't spoonfed to them? Also, I want someone to discuss these shows with. I relied on my friends Jodi and Amy for some time and we are almost up-to-date on shows. There are exceptions to these television relationships. Both Jodi and Amy recommended Lost, but I just couldn't get into it. I have recommended Arrested Development to Jodi and she didn't dig it like I did. So, this week, I have pimped out my Six Feet Under and Nip/Tuck with the hope that I have addicted two other friends. It never gets old to discuss The Office, Nip/Tuck, Sopranos, and Six Feet Under. I am considering a new television frenzy. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Dree said...

I was going to suggest Lost, but I see you've already tried it. So I guess I can't help you. :)

Me said...

Well, personally I would say Lost too. But if you're into Reality TV at all, I love Survivor.