Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Who is Andy Reid?

I've been told that local celebrities come into our little Borders, but it wasn't until tonight that I saw one with my own eyes.

I was pushing a big cart of cardboard boxes out the doors to throw them in the garbage when a big man opened the door for me. I was followed out by a different man and he turned to me and said, "Hey, was that Andy Reid?" I replied with a shrug. At first, I had no idea who this "Andy Reid" guy was, but then it all came back to me when I saw the man again. He is the Philadelphia Eagles head coach. I think it was the black leather jacket with the Eagles emblam on it, but I recognized the man as the guy who is always on the local news being harassed by local sports reporters. I would place this as my second celebrity sighting in my life. Second only to seeing Jane Seymour of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman fame at a McDonalds in Time Square!

My co-worker Charles told me the story about when he helped M. Night Shyamalan find The Polar Express. I've been told that M. thinks that he is 'mystically connected' to this part of Philadelphia and that is why he films all of his movies in the area.

Just another interesting thing about my life here in Philly.

1 comment:

shelly said...

dr. quinn eats at mcdonald's? that makes me want to cry a little.