Friday, December 08, 2006

Coffee Mishap

I am not sure why I keep making the same mistakes. Not that I have ever given birth, but I think my life is kind of like that...you forget what it was like so you go and do it again.

For example, let's take Starbucks. I haven't gone to a Starbucks since this summer when I was without my beloved Dunkin' Doughnuts in the midwest. Besides the high prices for their drug, their coffee is never hot enough for me. When I am in a routine with Starbucks, I always remember to ask for "extra hot". Tonight, after a bitterly cold shopping trip to some outdoor stores, I stopped off at a Starbucks for a peppermint mocha, perfect for the holidays. I was so overwhelmed by all the options of coffee treats and crap that they were selling that I forgot to say "extra hot". Bummer. I got into my car and brought the cup to my lips for a moment of grand disappointment. I couldn't wait to get home and warm it up in the microwave.

No comments: