Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'll Be More Careful

Like most mornings, after I get my beloved medium hazelnut with milk and sugar, I plugged my ipod into my car radio. I put the bad boy on shuffle and let the music gods smile down on me. At that exact moment, I am blissfully happy. It is this moment where I am at the beginning of a day that could take lots of different turns, good and bad, but at that moment, all is right and good in the world.

As the ipod started to shuffle, Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" came on the radio. This song was my secret anthem from last year. It seemed like I had bad day after bad day. I started to reflect about this during the car ride. I normally don't sit and get thoughtful about pop song lyrics, but you know the one that says, " You're faking a smile with the coffee to go". Well, I get that. I get that idea that a person just has to go through the motions sometimes to get to that good day.

Damn that "Bad Day" song! I had my coffee and my ipod and it was bumming me out! So, I quickly hit the next song and thankfully, Duran Duran came on. No one can be bummed to a little "Rio".

1 comment:

Aaron said...

That's the danger of the shuffle, but as you point out, the solution is quite simple. I find I sometimes have to do that when I am listening to my iPod at work.