Saturday, January 06, 2007

A New Gem


I went to this fantastic restaurant last night. It was called Sang Kee Asian Bistro. It was perfect because Tim was in the mood for Chinese and I was in the mood for Thai. Sang Kee has a fusion of all Asian cuisines.

It was the first time that I had been to a restaurant since changing my eating habits a little over a week ago. When we eat out, we usually go around 6PM. This helps us avoid the evening rush and we are home to have a full evening together. Last night was the exception.

We walked into the restaurant and it was packed. I thought for sure we'd have to wait, but the hostess walked us to a small table for two. However, it was one of those trendier places where you are almost eating with strangers because your tables are so close.

I like any Asian restaurant that serves you hot tea along with your water. It is such a nice treat before your meal. We ordered some Hot and Sour soup. This soup had tofu in it and it was a nice touch because I was very hungry. After our soup, Tim had seafood pan fried noodles and I had beef chow fun which is soft rice noodles with beef, bean sprouts, scallions, and a flavorful sauce. It was hard to tell how healthy this meal was, but I felt satisfied and it has to be better than a cheeseburger, right?

No comments: