Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Not in ND Anymore

I am always surprised when I am given a reminder of where I live now.

This morning as I was drying my hair, Tim walked into the bathroom and handed me the phone. It was my administrator telling me that we had a two hour delay. I looked out the window and saw about an inch and a half of snow on the ground. It is times like these that I remember that I am no longer in the Midwest where the snow piles are high and the temperatures are low. Very low.

I was standing in line at Victoria Secret waiting to purchase when I was forced to watch an unfortunate display of customer anger. The customer was trying to return something and the situation did not require her yelling at the cashier or pounding her palm over and over on the counter. She would turn around and try to gather support from the other patrons, but she could not. I was so embarrassed for this woman that I had to walk away. When I returned, she was telling the cashier that she didn't know anything and that she should be trained better. Thankfully, the woman stood up for herself and ended up putting the customer in her place in a clever way. Again, I don't like in the Midwest anymore.

I am not saying that I find a lot of rude people like this woman, but I see more emotions in general here. People don't hide their frustrations or anger like we do in the Midwest.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I so wish I were out of the Midwest right now. I don't mind the cold, but when the high temperatures barely get above 0 for a week, that's too cold for me.