Saturday, February 03, 2007

Recipe: Pumpkin Crab Soup

1-24 oz. can of pumpkin
6 cups chicken stock
1 large onion, sliced
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 pound crab meat
6 oz. skim milk
pepper to taste

Heat oil in a skillet and add onion. Saute for 5-8 minutes. Add cumin, cayenne, and basil. Stir for a minute. Pour in chicken stock and add pumpkin. Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes. Add crab meat and simmer the soup for 3-5 minutes. Add milk and stir. Serve!

I use the crab from a can. It tastes just fine in the soup. You could use heavy cream for a creamier soup rather than skim milk. I am serving my soup with popovers. Yum!

1 comment:

Carm said...

Oh my goodness.... that sounds divine. I am definitely making that this week!