Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Movies Schmovies

I should have nothing to complain about when it comes to having a lot of entertainment resources, but of course I will.

I used to be more than content to wait until independent movies were released on DVD when I lived in North Dakota and Iowa. However, since moving to Philadelphia, I have had opportunities to enjoy smaller movies at my favorite movie house, The Bryn Mawr Film Institute. However, the Bryn Mawr Film Institute is a bit of a tease.

I wanted to see the movie Perfume and waited and waited since it was on the "Coming Soon" section of the website. Then, months after the release of the movie and long after it was on the "Coming Soon" section, it never came. They just removed it from the "Coming Soon".

It is fine. I will survive and watch it on DVD this July when it comes out. However, the same thing could happen with another independent movie called Once that I want to see. The music in this movie sounds great. The Bryn Mawr Film Institute is teasing me with placing it in the "Coming Soon".

I like what I see in the trailer too. I just hope that I can understand their Irish accent. At least if I get it on DVD, I can do subtitles.

No comments: