Friday, June 01, 2007

Sorry Lookin' Post

I just don't have anything to write about. I wish I did. I will choose a random and vague topic and go to blogger town on it.

Topic #1: The Hotness
Normally, I would reserve this term for some dreamy newscaster, but in this case, I refer to our computer room. No longer will it be called the computer room or former baby cage (it was the nursery for the people who used to live here), but it will be forever named "The Hotness". Not because sexy things happen in that room, but because it is super hot in temperature alone. I wish I could spend lots of time on my cute imac , but The Hotness does not allow it. I can pull a fan in here and that'll work for awhile, but with this old house, I will have to wait for a window unit.

Topic #2: itunes Shame
How many songs is too many songs? I was listening to my "Purchased" playlist in the car and realized how many songs I had actually purchased. Thankfully, I realized that many of the songs were purchased back in the good old days when I could win a free song when I would drink Diet Pepsi and have a winning cap. I miss those days. Plus, I had a lot of caps because the whole school was in on it. At that time, I was the only one with an ipod at the school and people were happy to feed my addiction. So, should I be ashamed at how much I spend on music or should I just buy 'em up.


Topic #3: The Good Life by Jay Mcinerney
I spied this book when it first came out during my Borders tenure, but would never splurge on a hardcover book. So, I picked it up a few weeks ago and have been reading it. It starts the day before September 11, 2001. The plot focuses on bad marriages and how tragedy, in my opinion, gives people a reason to be honest. These characters start changing their life only after this tragedy happens, but the changes they are making could have happened even before this. Sure, I might be being hard on the book, but the dialogue is super cheesy and there is a lot of justified cheating in the book. I give it a C.

No comments: