Friday, April 29, 2005

Star Wars Stupid

I am Star Wars stupid.

Chewbacca. Tatooine. The Empire. Lightsabers. I just can't keep track of it.

I think it is the same problem that I have with Star Trek. They are not real words. They don't really exist. I just can't wrap my head around all the elements to Star Wars.

Sometimes I think it is because it is too complex. Sometimes I think it is because it is too simple and George Lucas is making it too complex. He takes a simple story about good and evil, love and war and throws in some messed up word like Mace Windu or Sith.

Even though I am impressed by the graphics and the visual spectacular that IS Star Wars, I want more story. I need more explanation. What is the Trade Federation and what are they trading? Why does Darth Vadar need the suit? Tim assures me that Darth's suit explanation will be revealed in this next movie, but I have been asking this question for over ten years.

A true fan would hate to watch the movies with me. All I do is ask questions because I get so darn confused. I am not a dumb person, but my mind just doesn't function well in fantasy land. Thankfully, Tim is a patient man who likes to tutor me in the ways of the force and the Rebellion.

So, as most people wait in excitement for the May 19th release of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith, I am going through a remedial training session with rewatching Episode one and two, and the last three episodes so I will be ready for the movie.

2 comments:

firedancerdancin said...

hahahahaha. star wars. it's freaking everywhere right now, and i have more information than i possibly know what to do with due fully to the fact that my boyfriend is a nerd. a big star wars NERD!!!

yes, i will be seeing the silly movie at midnight the night it comes out in the theaters. i'll probably be in line way earlier than that...not cause i'm a freak, but because my boyfriend is one. But i figure i can only go to the opening of the last star wars movie once, so might as well do it.

word.

Dree said...

When they re-released Star Wars a few years ago (like '97 or so), my friends discovered I had never seen it. Oh, the tragedy! Oh, the horror! I was dragged off to see it (twice), followed by parts two and three as they, too, were re-released in the theater. I just didn't get what the big deal was. I still don't.