Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wonderwall

"And all the roads we have to walk along are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would
Like to say to you
I don't know how"

I am sucker for lyrics. I love somes songs based strictly on a lyric. Yesterday, I was baking some chocolate chip cookies in my little kitchen after work. All was right with the world. I had wxpn, my new favorite public radio station, on my little kitchen radio. Then, they played "Wonderwall" covered by Ryan Adams. It wasn't a big deal at first, but as I listened to this awesomely acoustic cover, I stopped my stirring of the chips just to listen. Sometimes the original artist just doesn't sing the song where I could appreciate it.

I wish I could link you to this song.

3 comments:

firedancerdancin said...

go to myspace.com
click "music"
search for "ryan adams"
click on "ryan adams"
click on "wonderwall"

I would link you directly, but the search function is temporarily down. I listened to it about a gazillion times there as I was teaching myself to play his version. Love it.

You and I have great music taste! ;-)

firedancerdancin said...

copy and paste:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=9930695&Mytoken=CB777371-857D-43DA-82313E5801F23A12687296343

it SHOULD take you there. if not follow the instructions.

Dree said...

I used to LOVE "Wonderwall" in college (the Oasis version). I'm gonna go on myspace right now and look for the Ryan Adams version.