Saturday, December 31, 2005

Best of 2005...Sara Style

This is my version of the BEST OF...just like all the magazines! However, my list has no scientific evidence to base its opinions. Just my simple version of the truth in 2005. As for 2006, I look forward to a new year with excitement for my new job to begin in August, several trips to the midwest being planned, and turning 30.

Best Albums of 2005
Another Run Around the Sun by Ben Taylor
Catching Tales by Jamie Cullum
Plans by Death Cab for Cutie
Get Behind Me Satan by The White Stripes

Best Trip of 2005
Cross Country Trip To PhiladelphiaEven though it has been quite an adjustment for me, I know that we are lucky to have so much opportunity. It was exciting to travel together and start something completely new together. There are so many people who wish they could make a fresh start and we did. Granted, we didn't really need a fresh start, but I can say that it has been good for us.
Runner Up: Midwest Airline Trip to Iowa...Remember the warm baked cookies?!

Best New Toy of 2005
My Smart Lime Green Mini iPod I love it. I love it. I love it. It makes me happy when nothing else can. Not simply because it is lime green and very smart, but because it is all mine. It carries all of my music. Most of the music means something to me. It reminds me of people and places of importance. My time on airplanes has greatly improved since purchasing my ipod.

Best Secret Skill of 2005
Amazing alphabetizing and Shelving Skills Actually, I am sure many people could do this job. However, I would like to say that I get great joy out of alphabetizing and shelving DVDs. There is something about finding just enough space for the movie. Making the shelves look nice and having an empty cart to roll to the back of the store. It is sort of like a game to me. And I am always the winner.

Best Movies of 2005 That I Haven't Seen
Usually, I have seen many movies that I can place into this category, but this year, I haven't been to the theater much. So, this is the list of movies that I still need to see and might place them in this category.
Good Night, Good Luck
Brokeback Mountain
Narnia
Walk the Line

Best Feats of Strength of 2005
Five PRAXIS Exams Finally completed, the PRAXIS exams have been the thorn in my ass for months. I have passed them with flying colors and can't wait until I have that allusive Pennsylvania Teaching License in my hand.
RUNNER UP: Going two weeks without internet in August when we first moved here.

No comments: