Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My New Job

Okay, this big surprise is not a surprise to many of you because I have already told you.

After months away from my favorite profession, I was offered and I accepted a teaching position at a private school here. I will be teaching Kindergarten for the first time in my teaching career. This is a huge professional challenge. Some people look at Kindergarten like it is easy and should be all naps and playtime. I agree with some of that...the playtime thing. I think Kindergarten should be fun and social, yet I feel like I have the responsibility to make these children's first learning experience positive, healthy, and enjoyable everyday.

To prepare for this big change in teaching environments, I am doing a lot of research. I have been reading two books, but want to continue after that. I am attending a Kindergarten conference in March. I have begun planning my themes and units so that I have meaningful songs, poems, and learning activities.

So, that is my big news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Solbergs hope someday the triplets can have you as a teacher!

MandyGirl said...

Congratulations!

Out of all the grades that I get to teach, Kindergarten is my favorite, and I think that if I didn't teach music, I'd want to teach Kinder. I hope you love it.

Dree said...

Congrats! I student taught kinder and I loved it! Let me know if you need any links for websites for poems, projects, lessons, etc. :)