Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Long-Term Hair Plan

I know there will be several people that disagree with this decision, but I have to keep it real.

Starting today, I am beginning a long-term hair plan. I know what it will take. I also have the option to go back to the shorty-doo that I have sported for a good five years off and on. I have tried this plan in the past, about two years ago when I made a wager over a Miller Light and a quick clink of the glass.

Eventually, my hair gets to a point that it is unmanageable. When I say "unmanageable", I mean bumpy, yet straight. How is this possible? Great question. Well, I have terribly thick hair that people with thin hair say, "Oh, you have such nice, thick hair" but when you want to get through the awkward stages of a long-term hair plan, it can be the kiss of death.

I recently looked at a picture of me when I was in the throws of one such long-term hair plan. I had it pulled back with the age old hair tool, the navy blue bandana. Maybe...just maybe this was cool in 1995, but not in 2005. I need to learn to manage this hair in all of it's unwieldy stages. SO, once I get to a point where I need more than a hair dryer and some decent product, I will need to be diligent. Tireless.

5 comments:

firedancerdancin said...

you can always just go in and get it texturized. You know...have em take out some of the bulk but none of the length.

interesting, but true: I just cut off four inches of hair. my hair is still below my shoulders. I had some long hair!

shelly said...

i have been in the midst of such a plan for quite some time now. and i am also one of those bumpy straight hair girls. sucks, doesn't it. anyway, i have recently passed shoulder length, after 9 years of inch long hair. it CAN be done.

patrick | steed said...

ugh, GOD I hate it when people tell me they love my thick hair. i just want to rip it out and give it to them, but i don't want anyone to see my wrinkly head. so, you know, you take the good with the bad.

Dree said...

I've been considering going "long hair" for the past few weeks. I know myself, though. As soon as it gets just past my shoulders, I'll get sick of it and cut it again.

Good luck with the new 'do!

Eyes for Lies said...

I have thick, wavvy hair. I know what you mean :)