Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day

I am not trying to sound North Dakota hearty, but I cannot believe we had a snow day! All the school districts are closed today. I woke up and looked out the window and saw about six to eight inches of thick, wet snow on the ground. That is a lot of snow, no one can argue with that. The timing of the snow was also a reason for the snow day. It snowed from 4 AM to 9 AM...right in time for a pleasent commute, right?

All this being said, I am not in Iowa or North Dakota where people have the attitude of 'it's fine'. If you can see some road or the hand in front of your face, you're going to school. Also, we don't have the small, tiny roads to plow. We build our roads big and spacious so there is room for busses, snowplows, cars, trucks, semis. We all drive on the ice in peace.

1 comment:

Super Rachel Zana said...

Sara:

I was thinking about you this morning. I was listening to NPR and they were talking all about the snow Philadelpia was getting and I wondered if it was as "newsworthy" as they were making it! Hmmm.