Saturday, December 17, 2005

It Doesn't Hurt to Ask



Dear Santa,
I know that I haven't written in a long time and I know that the last time I did write, I included a lovely drawing of your house at the North Pole, but I have decided to draft a letter letting you know how good I have been this year.

I have been a patient girl. When I wanted to lay on the horn at drivers who don't seem to use traffic common sense, I simple cussed under my breath and cursed their vehicle. My patience has shown at my job when people have mistaken me for their personal shopper when I am a mere movie and CD shelver. They insist that I take their list that is about fifteen items long, run around the store and gather these items while they sit and have a leisurely read at the magazine counter.

I have been flexible. I understand that life is different now than a year ago. I know that my life has taken a different road than that of elementary school teacher. I have looked on the bright side of things and taken it all with a glance at the past and a stare at the future and asked myself, "What else can I do?" So, I find myself in a new job with new people and it is all very good for me. And I know that.

I have been friendly. I have reached out to new friends. I have reached out to old friends. I have maintained friendships and relationships with my family. I smile often and laugh liberally.

All that being said, Santa, it is time to get down to it. For Christmas, I would like...

- A refridgerator that dispenses Diet Coke rather than water.
- To stumble upon cheap airline tickets to visit friends and family.
- My friends and family to stumble upong cheap airline tickets to come and visit me.
- A proper scrapbooking store to open in my neighborhood.
- Health, happiness, and world peace to all.

All that sounds quite reasonable.

No comments: