Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Few Words

I haven't spoken to a single person all day. Well, I did ask Tim what his plans were for the day and wished him a good day as I was leaving the apartment, but that is it. I have been out and about today, but just haven't spoken to anyone.

My school life is very different than it was for the first five years of my professional life. I used to think that teaching in a trailer in North Dakota was isolating, but my new teaching situation is isolating...only at the moment. Soon, my assistant teacher will be in the room with me and four more souls will be milling about the kindergarten center. Until then, I will be hanging in my classroom where I am trying to set up an engaging environment for the children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes solitude is good for transition...hope all is coming along well in the new c-room.