Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ten Down

I am ten miles closer to the 600 training miles they suggest for next summer's RAGBRAI. I have a long way to go, but I am determined and logging every mile, inside and out. I sometimes wonder why people do this bike ride or marathons or anything like that. I know why I want to do it. I want to do it to see if I can do it. Simple. It is the same reason why I am not eating McDonald's in 2006.

With McDonald's, I am not really getting a benefit except the obvious health benefits of not ingesting their food, yet the training that is required with RAGBRAI, it will get me in some serious shape.


1 comment:

Aaron said...

Good job! You've ridden 10 miles more than I have after this year's RAGBRAI.

I hope to ride on RAGBRAI next year, but I am afraid that other things may keep me away. I may know next spring if I can make it or not.