Sunday, October 22, 2006

Recipe of the Month: Pumpkin Bundt Cake

I've got this thing for pumpkin. I love it. I love to eat almost anything made with pumpkin. I think it is one part nostalgia, one part pumpkin spice passion, and one part comfort food.
My favorite ways to eat pumpkin food is TCBY pumpkin frozen yogurt, pumpkin squares, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin bundt cake.

So, today, I made pumpkin bundt cake, a recipe that I picked up in my first years of teaching in North Dakota. I have fond memories of making this treat for my book club when I lived there. I remember passing the recipe on to my Grandma Maxine. Now, I am passing it onto you. It is simps'. It tastes great with some whipped cream and mixed nuts sprinkled on it for crunch.

Pumpkin Bundt Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
4 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup Whipped cream

In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 4 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if desired.

2 comments:

Redkayser said...

Now i know what i'll have to do if i want a date;) I'll try to make one this weekend

Anonymous said...

My mom makes an excellent pumpkin bread. I love it. The cake looks awesome.

-Rhiannon