Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What's Going On?

I remember when 9-11 happened and it was the first time that I felt that I had to stop watching the news. I am feeling the same right now when I watch the news about the Amish one-room schoolhouse that was part of a terrible and heartbreaking tragedy. I don't even know these people who have lost their little children and I just don't understand this sort of violence against innocence. I can't even begin to imagine the families' pain.

From a teacher's perspective, I know that teacher will feel pain. On a daily basis, you do what needs to be done to keep the children in your classroom out of harm's way, yet someone who needed help found their way into this classroom and took so much. There is no way that any teacher, student, or parent would have thought it would have ended so badly. I am just feeling disturbed tonight.