Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Update Time...Cats and Organization

Here is the situation with the cat.  I want one.  Tim wants one, but doesn't want one right now.  He wants to wait until we start the school year to see if we still feel the same.  I can tell already that he will make a good parent because this is a parenting strategy that was used on me when I was little.  That is okay.  I can wait, but there was this one little cat named Chubb that I really wanted.  Tim assured me that there will be more cute cats when it is time for us to adopt one. 
 
Today I bought hanging folders to update and organize our important papers (contracts, leases, policies, bills).  Yesterday, I programmed all of our financial data into a money program.  I do not know what has come over me that I care about this all of the sudden, but I think it is a good idea.  First, I don't want to be one of those wives who have no idea what is going on in the family's financial matters.  Secondly, I feel pretty "with it" when it comes to everything else in our household, except for this.   Tim is good at it.  I am not good at it.  So, to better myself, I am going to work on understanding all the business part of our lives.  I think this is a good goal.   In order for me to be successful at understanding the finances, I have to have it all set up my way.  No papers and loose folders all around the desk.  I need it organized. 

No comments: